Tongji University National Youth 1000 Talents Program Recruitment in 2015
To implement the strategy of developing the university by talents and promote construction of discipline and talent team, Tongji University recruits National Youth 1000 Talents worldwide, to achieve the goal of building a comprehensive, international and first-class research-oriented university.
Established in 1907, Tongji University is one of the leading universities in China under direct administration of Ministry of Education, listed on “Project 985” and “Project 211”. With a history of over a century, Tongji has valued the balanced development of four functions, i.e. education, research, outreach, and culture inheritance and innovation.
Tongji University covers ten categories of academic disciplines, namely engineering, science, medicine, management, philosophy, literature, law, pedagogy and arts. The number of its teaching staff is 2986, of which 855 are professors. The university now registers 18, 581 full-time undergraduates, 13,762 graduate students and 4,279 PhD candidates, and 2197 international students.
The university offers 75 undergraduate majors (50 of which are enrolling students according to 17 broad disciplinary categories). It can grant master degrees in 55 broad academic disciplines, together with 15 professional Master’s programs and 26 engineering Master’s programs. It also grants Ph.D. degrees in 31 broad academic disciplines with 3 professional Ph.D. programs and 25 post-doctoral mobile research stations. Of all the disciplines, 3 are first-level national key disciplines, 7 second-level national key disciplines, 3 second-level national key disciplines (incubated), and 17 first-level Shanghai disciplines. There are 3 State Key Laboratories, 1 National Engineering Lab, 5 National Engineering (Technology) Research Centers, and 26 ministerial/provincial-level key labs and engineering (technology) research centers.
Since its founding, Tongji has turned out nearly 300,000 graduates, among which many are extraordinary political leaders, scientists, educators, social activists, entrepreneurs, medical specialists, and engineering technology experts. Over 140 alumni are academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
1. The candidate should major in Natural Sciences or Engineering Technologies below 40 years old.
2. The candidate should obtain a doctorate with at least three years of research experience overseas.
3. The candidate should get a formal teaching or research position in a well-known university, institute or R&D institution as a top talent with the potential of a leader in specific academic or research field.
4. The candidate should have no full-time job in China, or have working experience within one year after his return. He/ She shall work full time once employed by Tongji University.
5. The fresh graduate with outstanding research results during his study, or the applicant with outstanding achievements, can be employed in defiance of rules of age and work experience.
III. Working and Living Conditions Provided by Tongji University
Except for one to three million RMB as research funding provided by the State, one-time payment of 500,000 RMB by central government and supporting funds by Shanghai municipal and district government, the selected candidates of National Youth 1000 Talents Program will obtain the following conditions provided by Tongji University:
1. The position of professor as graduate student supervisor
2. An annual salary of 300,000 RMB (tax included)
3. An amount of 500,000 RMB as housing allowance and an apartment for the talent (bag check)
4. Research funding (as much as provided by the State)
5. Necessary space for office and research, scientific research apparatus and extra supports in team construction, graduate enrollment and great research projects.
6. Other services in the aspects of residence permit, immigration, registered permanent residence, medical treatment, work of their spouse, and education of their children.
IV. Documents for Application
1. Application material includes: ①A summary sheet of the candidate ② An application letter ③ Attachments ④ A brief table of talents overseas
2. Attachments include: ①Three recommendation letters by foreign experts ② A copy of degree certificate ③ A copy of ID Card or Passport ④ Evidence of working overseas ⑤ Copies or evidences of major achievements (representative publications, certificates of patent and products) ⑥ Evidences of major projects hosted or participated in ⑦ Copies of award certificates
The candidate should apply via National Youth Program Application Software and print the relevant forms. Please log into the site: http://www.1000plan.org, download the software and read the operation manual carefully, or read the reference on http://hr.tongji.edu.cn
V. Application Process
Applicants contact the relevant school/department directly and submit application materials. Contact information of the employing school/department please see: Contact Information List of Talents Recruitment in 2015 (http://pe.gs/37P)
VI: Contact Information
Contact: Ms. Lu or Ms. Huang
Tel: +86-21-65987069, or +86-21-65983770
Address: Room 128 (or Room 125), South Administration Building of Tongji University, 1239 Siping Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai, China