Any information you choose to provide on the website will only be used to provide or improve services. FLTA guards your privacy and appreciates your trust.
Members may inform us of their communication preferences at any time by logging in to visit our Communications Preferences page.
E-mails & web forms
Personally identifying information that you provide by e-mails or web forms will be used only for such purposes as are described at the point of collection (for example on a web form), such as to send information or products to you, update your membership record, or to respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, FLTA staff or its contractors may contact you to discuss potential cooperation with you or learn about your satisfaction with our services.
Information collected & stored automatically
During your visit, as you browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit but not about you. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about the visit:
1. The Internet domain (for example, "fltacn.com," if a private Internet access account, or "harvard.edu" if connected from a university) and IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is surfing the web) from which access to our web site is gained;
2. The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
3. The date and time of access to our site;
4. The pages visited and the length of time visited;
5. The address of the website from which the initial visit was launched, if any.
We use those information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, by learning about the number of visitors and the technology in use. The data collected are not connected to your personal information or identity.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the FLTA uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
We reserve the right to change or modify this privacy statement at any time. If we revise our privacy statement, we will ensure that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.