Shanghai Commercial School, founded in 1960

Composed at May 18, 2010 - 5:26 pm, filed in Schools, from FLTA

Shanghai Commercial School was founded in 1960, which is located in 1458, Gonghexin Rd. It was honored the municipal technical school in 1993 and national technical school in 1995. It has passed ISO 9001 audit in 2000, becoming the first school in Shanghai who has passed the ISO9001 audit. It was also honored 'Shanghai Model Unit' 'Municipal demonstrative technical school'. Currently it has more than 5000 full-time students and 245 faculty members including 189 full-time teachers, among which intermediate and senior grade teachers accounts for 73%.

The school has now offered more than 10 programs including accounting, international business, information technology, business English, tourist management, restaurant management, hair design, decor design, etc. It also has offered joint program of Jewelry processing and management with with the Selkirk College from Canada, an international business program with TAFE NWS - West Southern Sydney Institute, a joint program of hair design with Korean beauty Vocational School. Shanghai Commercial School has trained numerous comprehensive and specialized talents for the national business system.