How to apply for changing emplyer in Shanghai?
Requirements for Applicant:
The applicant must:
1. for switching within Shanghai municipality, he or she must hold a releasing letter or company cancellation document from previous employer; (In case the applicant is legal representative of previous company, or is chief representative of previous representative office, a cancellation or alternation document of Industry and Commerce Administration authority shall be submitted.) / for cross-province switching, he or she must hold a transferring or cancellation letter issued by previous Employment Permit issuing authority;
2. have a labor contract / employment agreement with new local employer, or have an income certificate issued by new overseas employer;
3. hold valid Representative Certificate in case he or she works for a representative office in Shanghai;
4. be between the age 18 and 60 for male, and between 18 and 55 for female;
5. meet other conditions defined by relevant laws and regulations.
Documents Required for Application:
Applying for Applying for Foreigners Switching Employer at Reception Center
1. Two filled-out Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China; (which can be downloaded on the website);
2, For switching within Shanghai municipality, the applicant shall submit a releasing letter from previous employer, or a cancellation document of Employment Permit; (In case the previous employer is closed or canceled, a cancellation document of relevant authority shall be submitted.) / For cross-province switching, the applicant shall submit a transferring or cancellation letter issued by previous Employment Permit issuing authority; / In case the applicant is legal representative of previous company, or is chief representative of previous representative office, a cancellation or alternation document of Industry and Commerce Administration authority shall be submitted.
3. Valid Business License or other legal Registration Certificate with annual inspection stamp (copy), Organization Code Certificate (copy), and Certificate of Approval for the foreign-invested enterprises (copy);
4. The curriculum vitae of the foreigner to be employed (including the highest education degree and detailed working experiences, which must be printed in Chinese and stamped by the employer);
5. The relevant credentials of the foreigner (referring to relevant technical or skill qualification issued by competent organizations; in case no certificates have been obtained, the foreigner shall provide reference letters issued by his/her former employer, showing his/her working experiences related with current job position;
6. Educational certificates related with current job position;
7. Copy of labor contract / employment agreement signed by the employer and the foreigner to be employed, or copy of income certificate issued by overseas employer; (Remuneration payer, job position of employee and duration of employment must be stated in this income certificate.)
8. In case any contents of Employment Permit issued in Shanghai Municipality need alteration, relevant proof documents shall be provided.
9. The chief representative or the representative of the representative office shall also provide the valid Representative Certificate (Both original and copy are needed. Above-mentioned item 5, 6 and 7 in Documents Required for Application entry can be omitted.);
10. Employment Permit (original);
11. Valid passport and residence permit; (Both original and copy are needed.)
12. Three recently-taken passport photos; Two of the photos should be pasted on the forms, and the other one will be pasted on the employment permit
13. Other documents requested by the certificate issuing authority.