Apply for Employment Permit for (chief) representatives of overseas enterprises in Shanghai

Composed at April 27, 2010 - 2:11 pm, filed in Policies & Regulations, from

Requirements for Applicant:
The applicant must:
1. be in good health and with no mental illness and epidemics such as leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, open tuberculosis, etc. or the diseases prohibited by the job they are engaged in;
2. hold valid Representative Certificate;
3. have no criminal record;
4. hold valid passport or other international travel document in lieu of the passport;
5. enter China with a Z (working) visa;
6, be between the age 18 and 60 for male, and between 18 and 55 for female;
7. meet other conditions defined by relevant laws and regulations.

Documents Required for Application:
Applying for Employment Permit for chief representative or representatives at Reception Center.
1. Two filled-out Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China; (which can be downloaded on the website);
2. Registration Certificate of representative office (copy), Organization Code Certificate (copy);
3. The curriculum vitae of the foreigner to be employed (including the highest education degree and detailed working experiences, which must be printed in Chinese and stamped by the employer);
4. Valid passport and visa of the foreigner; (Both original and copy are needed.)
5. Representative Certificate of the foreigner; (Both original and copy are needed.)
6. Health certificate confirmed or issued by Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (copy);
7. Three recently-taken passport photos. Two of the photos should be pasted on the forms, and the other one will be pasted on the employment permit.
8. Other documents requested by the certificate issuing authority.

Procedures and Responding Time for Application
Foreigner holds position of chief representative or representative in permanent representative office in Shanghai must obtain Representative Certificate and enter China with a Z visa before applying for his / her Employment Permit;

1.For chief representative or representative of the representative office, the duration of his /her Employment Permit can be determined by that of the registration certificate and representative certificate, but shall not exceed the validity of his / her passport.
2.Foreigner employed by Shanghai representative office of foreign law firm must apply for Employment License and enter China with a Z visa before applying for his / her Employment Permit.